We pride ourselves on applying our many years of experience and business understanding to help clients obtain and close the financing required for any real estate transaction. Because most real estate transactions include some element of financing, understanding the mood of the capital markets and the commercial loan providers is a critical need of our clients. Our attorneys have extensive experience representing both lenders and borrowers in connection with loans secured by real estate. We have worked on closing loans during the financing boom years as well as working out troubled loans during the austere recession years. Our experience in real estate finance permits us to address a wide array of financing vehicles. We provide counsel and manage the transaction from start to finish, including timely post-closing work so that our clients receive final documents and closing binders promptly.
Our attorneys’ finance experience includes:
- Frequent representation of borrowers in loans by commercial banks, life insurance companies and CMBS lenders
- Long-term representation of multi-state lender as primary counsel for documentation, closing and management of construction loan program in Northern California
- Long-term representation of multi-state lender as primary counsel for documentation, closing and management of franchise lending program.
- Representation of real estate developers in formation of joint ventures and placement of acquisition and construction loans.
- Representation of real estate funds in placement of credit facility.
- Representation of borrowers and lenders with negotiation and preparation of forbearance and workout documents, including deed in lieu transactions.
- Extensive negotiation regarding subordination and non-disturbance agreements on behalf of tenants and lenders.